Vertical Hollow Shaft and Solid Shaft Pump Motors
U.S. MOTORS® brand vertical motors, recognized for their longevity, reliability and ease of use, have been a standard in the pumping industry since 1922.
The hollow shaft motor (HOLLOSHAFT®) was developed to meet the specific needs of the vertical turbine pump industry. The pump shaft is extended through the hollow shaft, so adjustments required to lift impellers and give a running clearance with the pump casing, can be made by a nut threaded on the shaft at the accessible top portion of the motor.
Both hollow shaft and solid shaft verticals can be tailored to a customer’s specific requirements, along with various enclosures designed to minimize the effects of adverse conditions present in turbine, mix flow and propeller pump applications. U.S. MOTORS brand verticals are constructed of high quality materials and are manufactured in a state-of-the-art, ISO9000-2008 facility. Innovative, performance-focused design makes this motor the most trusted in the industry.
- Horsepower: 3 – 5000
- Speeds: 3600-400 rpm
- Design Voltages: 208-6900 Vac/3Phase/50 or 60Hz
- Enclosures: Weather Protected Type I, Weather Protected Type II, Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled, and Hazardous Location
- Efficiency Levels: Standard Efficient, Energy Efficient, and Premium
- Solid and hollow shaft designs for use in agriculture, turf, municipal and industrial applications.
- Normal, Medium, High and Extra High thrust capacity motors are available.
Product Data Sheets
Engineered to order motors
Vertical HOLLOSHAFT (VHS) Coupling Index
Product Facts Pages
Vertical Motors Brochure
HOLLOSHAFT ® Motors for New DOE Standards Brochure